2019 U.S. Championship
The 2019 U.S. Championship is an elite national championship event, featuring 12 of the strongest chess players in America. Over the course of eleven rounds, these competitors will battle for $194,000 in prize money, qualification into the World Championship cycle, and the coveted title of 2019 U.S. Champion.
|Dates||March 18-April 1, 2019|
|Location||Saint Louis Chess Club|
|Format||12-Player Round Robin|
|Commentators||Learn about our live broadcast and audience commentators.|
|Spectators||Purchase Tickets Here!|
|Monday, March 18||6:00 PM||
|Tuesday, March 19||
|Wednesday, March 20||1:00 PM||Round 1|
|Thursday, March 21||1:00 PM||Round 2|
|Friday, March 22||1:00 PM||Round 3|
|Saturday, March 23||1:00 PM||Round 4|
|Sunday, March 24||1:00 PM||Round 5|
|Monday, March 25||1:00 PM||Round 6|
|Tuesday, March 26||Rest Day|
|Wednesday, March 27||1:00 PM||Round 7|
|Thursday, March 28||1:00 PM||Round 8|
|Friday, March 29||1:00 PM||Round 9|
|Saturday, March 30||1:00 PM||Round 10|
|Sunday, March 31||1:00 PM||Round 11|
|Monday, April 1||1:00 PM||Playoff (if necessary)|
* All times listed are CDT (GMT-5).
U.S. Championships Prize Fund
|Total Prize Fund||$194,000|
Live Spectator Accommodations
The Chess Club has special hotel rates with the following establishments. Please make sure to ask for the "chess rate" when making reservations. PURCHASE TICKETS HERE!
- Access to watch game play live in the tournament hall
- Live game analysis and commentary broadcast in the Saint Louis Chess Club lobby
- Additional live commentary available in Kingside Diner
- Kingside Diner 50% off menu items for spectators with ticket purchase from 12-6 p.m.
- Note: Tickets are $10 for non-members and free for annual members of the Saint Louis Chess Club. For more information on the benefits of an annual membership, visit our website.
Chase Park Plaza Hotel
Chess rate: $159/night, $179/suite
Holiday Inn Express
Chess rate: $114/night, parking $10/night,
Hampton Inn & Suites
Chess Rate: 10% off, call 314-655-3993
Chess Rate: $115/King, $119/Double,